Re: [fetchmail] cannot get mail via fetchmail

2003-05-29 23:10:15
From: Sam Rosenfeld <sam(_at_)wdn(_dot_)com>

Linux 2.2.20; Debian 3.0

If I knew how the whole mail link from, say, fetchmail to my ISP, I could
run some trace programs to try to find out where the problem occurs.  But I
can't seem to find a sufficiently detailed description to allow me to debug the
problem.

Thanks much for coming to my rescue.

Ok, next things to try are:

1) Leave fetchmail apparently hung and see if it eventually times out. Use "fetchmail --nosyslog -v -v -v -c". Keep a rough note of the time delay.

2) Use "strace" to see where fetchmail appears to be hanging.

3) Use tcpdump or your preferred packet capture program to find out what's going on.

I'd say you've got a funny with your system/link, not fetchmail. The above should help you narrow down where.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger