Re: [fetchmail] cannot get mail via fetchmail

2003-05-27 09:39:59
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 05:57:47AM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
From: Sam Rosenfeld <sam(_at_)wdn(_dot_)com>

Fetchmail does not get my mail.  I run fetchmail as follows:

fetchmail -d 180

with .fetchmailrc as follows:

poll mail.wdn.com with proto IMAP:
user 'username' with password 'my password'

<---SNIP--->
I am using Linux2.2.20 Debian3.0, Fetchmail3.4;  5+ gig unused HD storage,
197Meg ram, and dial-up ISP (with very little knowledge of Linux).

Ok, Fetchmail 3.4 isn't just old, it's sodding ancient.  Try something a
little more current (like 6.2.x).

Sorry.  I'm using Fetchmail 6.2.0

Then, if it still doesn't work, try posting whatever errors you find in
/var/log/mail*.

My most recent entries in /var/log/mail.err file tell me: "Connection to
mail.wdn.com failed:  temporary name server error."

I checked Google and found many people asking about that error message, but no
response seemed to be directly applicable to me.

sam