Re: [fetchmail] Retrieval Error - incorrect header line

2003-07-03 18:51:43
On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 03:43, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
Hi!

I'm using Debian Sid, with the latest Fetchmail package.  Fetchmail has
been retrieving most of my mail quite sucessfully, but I'm seeing these
errors in the syslog:

incorrect header line found while scanning headers

The only way I've been able to get around this is to use another POP3
client to manually download and purge the messages - then fetchmail
doesn't complain.  This error only occurs on certain messages - most of
my e-mail is working fine.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Daniel

I posted this problem to this list months ago on a couple of occassions
and received no response and assumed that no one answered because I was
asking something completely stupid and/or so thoroughly documented that
people couldn't even be bothered replying with RTFM.

This is from a verbose fetchmail log when it was occurring yesterday.

fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL
FROM:<Received:from131(_dot_)159(_dot_)235(_dot_)104(_at_)mail(_dot_)bigpond(_dot_)combyrly-yk05(_dot_)mx(_dot_)aol(_dot_)comwithlocal;Jul>
 SIZE=2346

 I am just wondering if we are talking about the same thing because a
fix would be wonderful as this happens to me all the time.

Colin