Re: [fetchmail] simple fetchmail automate

2003-07-07 00:47:06
From: "Daniel Tan" <danieltan(_at_)shopnsave(_dot_)com(_dot_)sg>

Hi all,
        i can't find (or maybe i am just plain blind) any sample fetchmail
rc files to automate my fetchmail process.

Well, I'll ignore the fact that you didn't give us any version information and simply say:

RTFM

i tried typing manually and it works ok. what's the command to dump the mail
to the local user's mailbox if different from the name specified?

The answers you want are in the man pages.

eg: fetchmail -u "daniel" -p POP3 -s pop.doe.com
this is the sample command i use...if my local user name is different from
"daniel", which is the option to dump it the a specific user?

The answers you want are in the man pages.

i am going to use fetchmail to automatically fetch mail from my ISP for each
of the users listed in my server. so do i need to have the fetchmailrc file
in all user's home dir and their passwords too?

Nope - see the man page :-)

Seriously, sample config entries doing exactly what you want are in the manual.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger