[fetchmail] simple fetchmail automate

2003-07-06 23:32:39
Hi all,
        i can't find (or maybe i am just plain blind) any sample fetchmail
rc files to automate my fetchmail process.

i tried typing manually and it works ok. what's the command to dump the mail
to the local user's mailbox if different from the name specified?

eg: fetchmail -u "daniel" -p POP3 -s pop.doe.com
this is the sample command i use...if my local user name is different from
"daniel", which is the option to dump it the a specific user?

i am going to use fetchmail to automatically fetch mail from my ISP for each
of the users listed in my server. so do i need to have the fetchmailrc file
in all user's home dir and their passwords too?

newbie in using fetchmail

Daniel

dangerous content by Email Virus Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.