Re: [fetchmail] simple fetchmail automate

2003-07-07 18:40:03
so i just enter the accounts just like what you did in .fetchmailrc file and
then let cron run the .fetchmailrc file?
is fetchmail able to pass the mail to the server and let it scan and delete
viruses or spam?
if it can, it'll be great! so that i can tell my boss about it and then
implement it so we can save a fortune without our ISP charging a fee for
virus cleaning and spam protection...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Seichter" <ralph(_at_)seichter(_dot_)de>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] simple fetchmail automate

"Daniel Tan" <danieltan(_at_)shopnsave(_dot_)com(_dot_)sg> wrote:

eg: fetchmail -u "daniel" -p POP3 -s pop.doe.com
this is the sample command i use...if my local user name is
different from "daniel", which is the option to dump it the
a specific user?

You can add an entries like this to you .fetchmailrc:

  poll pop.doe.com
    user "daniel"  pass "pw1" is "peter"
    user "michael" pass "pw2" is "paul"

Mail for "daniel" will be delivered to "peter".

i am going to use fetchmail to automatically fetch mail from my ISP
for each of the users listed in my server. so do i need to have the
fetchmailrc file in all user's home dir and their passwords too?

No, you can use one fetchmail process to retrieve mail for multiple
users. See example above.

newbie in using fetchmail

Then I suggest you read the manual several times... ;-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter

HORUS-IT
Ahornweg 10
D-57635 Oberirsen