Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail delivers all mail to postfix file

2003-08-27 22:58:40
From: Peter Guthrie <peter(_at_)unixplanet(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

I've just moved from sendmail to postfix. My fetchmail configuration used to work fine, pulling emails via my ISP's pop3 server and delivering them to my user account.

Since the change to postfix however they are all delivered into /var/spool/mail/postfix

Here are the contents of my .fetchmailrc file:

poll mail.myisp.net protocol pop3 username "mylogin" password "mypass"

(specific information changed obviously)

Any ideas why this would change between sendmail and postfix? I copied the aliases file across and did all the other configuration needed, SMTP mail is delivered correctly.

Does sending an email on the system to your account work as expected?

What version of postfix and fetchmail, what's the headers of one of these emails? What's the output of "fetchmail -v -v"?

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband