Re: [fetchmail] Re: "Limit" doesn't cooperates with "flush"

2003-10-10 03:28:27
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am very resistant to adding new options at this point. I would
prefer to remove the size limit option entirely and ship a separate
mini-client for deleting oversized messages.

If you removed the 'limit' option, how would one make sure that
messages > NNN bytes are not retrieved by fetchmail and instead be
deleted by the mini-client you suggested? How would this mini-client
integrate with fetchmail in daemon mode?

With the 'limit' option as it now exists plus an additional client,
one could use "poll server user john pass secret limit NNN" in the
.fetchmailrc, and have cron call the mini-client once per day. But
how could this be achieved without fetchmail's limit option?

BTW, why does adding a new option give you more of a headache than
programming and testing an additional client? I'm just curious.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter

HORUS-IT
Ahornweg 10
D-57635 Oberirsen