[fetchmail] Multi-drop problem - difference between servers?

2003-12-01 06:42:31
I'm trying to set up fetchmail to pull messages from a multi-drop
mailbox.  I have two mail hosts available for testing - one works.

When running fetchmail -v -v I see this from the one that fails:

About to rewrite To: brian(_at_)domain(_dot_)that(_dot_)wont(_dot_)work
Rewritten version is To: brian(_at_)domain(_dot_)that(_dot_)wont(_dot_)work

fetchmail: no local matches, forwarding to postmaster

...and this from the one that works:

About to rewrite To: brian(_at_)domain(_dot_)that(_dot_)does(_dot_)work
Rewritten version is To: brian(_at_)domain(_dot_)that(_dot_)does(_dot_)work

fetchmail: mapped brian to local brian

It looks like fetchmail is seeing the destination address correctly both
times, but for some reason mapping one locally and not the other.

The one that's failing is a qpopper server if that helps.

The syntax I'm using is:

poll x.y.z with proto pop3:
        user xxx with pass yyy to * here

Can anyone offer a suggestion on where to look?

TIA
Brian