Re: [fetchmail] sendmail without dns support

2003-12-01 10:46:39
i think what u are looking for is the option to specify a host to send out
going mail to instead of just letting sendmail find its own way with DNS
lookups.

if i am write look for somethink looks like this in ur sendmail.cf

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DS

u will then need to set your mail server here for us ISP. eg for me it is

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSsmtp.eclipse.co.uk

hope this helps in some way

robert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] sendmail without dns support

From: "Nabin Limbu" <nlimbu(_at_)healthnet(_dot_)org(_dot_)np>

I know this might be not an appropriate place for this question. But
I think its a faster way to get answer about this problem.

I am trying to configure offline mail server with fetchmail and
sendmail. I don't want my sendmail to lookup for domain name and send
mail. i.e regardless of any address, I just want my sendmail to
forward all my queued mail to my ISP mail server. On our behalf my
ISP mail server will lookup for domain name and send mail to
receiver.

Try comp.mail.sendmail - in particular the groups.google.com archive.
This
has been asked, and answered, before.

Keep in mind that the answer will vary with the version of sendmail you
use.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?