Re: [fetchmail]Receiving multiple copies of messages, FAQ doesnt help

2003-12-29 20:15:07
fetchmail(_at_)busa(_dot_)lionking(_dot_)org writes:

Hello

I have a domain, and all mail to that domain is stored in an single account
on a server.

I'm using fetchmail with this config:

skip somehost.com with proto POP3 and options no dns
       aka othername
       user 'user' there with password 'whatever' to * here
       options
        no rewrite
        fetchlimit 20

"skip"? Cool.

It lacks "envelope". For a working POP3 multidrop setup, the ISP should

1. stuff a copy of the envelope recipient into a header, common are
   X-Original-To, Delivered-To, [X-]Envelope-To. Received won't work.

2. stuff a copy for each of the envelope recipients into the POP3 mailbox.

Anything short of that cannot possibly work reliably in the face of
mailing lists and Bcc:.

Consult the "USE AND ABUSE OF MULTIDROP MAILBOXES" section of the man
page (I may not have the wording exact, apologize).