Re: [fetchmail]Receiving multiple copies of messages, FAQ doesnt help

2003-12-30 00:07:57
skip somehost.com with proto POP3 and options no dns
       aka othername
       user 'user' there with password 'whatever' to * here
       options
        no rewrite
        fetchlimit 20

"skip"? Cool.

Yeah, for some odd reason I call fetchmail fro a cronjob instead of letting it
run as a daemon. I have a script that calls fetchmail twice, for 2 mail servers
I want it to fetch mail from. I find it
+when there's an error (like yesterday I suddenly stopped getting mail for no
aparent reason) I just put an "exit" in the first line of said script and I
feel more confident I'm not permanently
+loosing any more mail.

It lacks "envelope". For a working POP3 multidrop setup, the ISP should

<snip>

The ISP can't do that.. It's not even an ISP, it's a friend's FreeBSD box :P
But it worked fine last time, when I had a very old version of fetchmail (can't
remember the number, but I built it around 98 so you do the math :P).
I understand why this happens, fetchmails sees it has to deliver some mail
several times and, well, it does; but I was wondering if I could disable this,
that even if the mail has several recipients
+for fetchmail to just use one (perhaps the one with a corresponding local
user, otherwise any of them) to deliver the mail

Cheers

Aristide