RE: [fetchmail]Lost mail due to being undelivered

2004-03-14 10:15:12
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Adam Nielsen

So is 553 a spam code by default as well?  I just got this
message while idling on an IMAP server:

There are *NO* default spam codes (unless you're running a hacked version of
fetchmail).  If you haven't configured them then there are no spam codes.
Take a look at "fetchmail --configdump" to see.

reading message [username(_at_)mailserver]:1 of 1(735 header octets)
fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.8<erin(_at_)stupidlovelife(_dot_)com>...
Domain of
sender address erin(_at_)stupidlovelife(_dot_)com does not exist flushed

And now that message appears to have completely disappeared -
not that I
mind as it was spam, but there's always the possibility it
could happen
to legitimate mail too...  Also, after receiving this message
fetchmail
died, instead of resuming idling on the server.

Without more information it's impossible to say what happened.  At a minimum
you need to report your version of fetchmail and a copy of .fetchmailrc.
Copies of fetchmail's output with a "-v" and the matching log entries from
your local SMTP server would help considerably.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?