Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and CAPA bug

2004-04-05 03:42:23
Le lun, 05/04/2004 à 12:26 +0200, Matthias Andree a écrit :

Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas(_dot_)Mailhot(_at_)laPoste(_dot_)net> writes:

And bingo, commenting out the gssapi patch "fixes" my fetchmail.
(attaching the patch in case it can be fixed instead of fully backed
out)

Question: does the Fedora RPM include a hint it's a modified version?

If not, chances are they are violating the GPL. See clause 2 (a) of the
GNU GPL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

All distributions heavily patch their packages - that's a fact of life
not Red Hat sin (and btw your reading of the GPL disagrees mine - 3.a
applies not 2.a)

Fedora is actually one of the nicer least patched distros. One of it's
official targets is to move closer to upstream projects. If I remember
well they even asked esr what fetchmail version they should ship to
please fetchmail maintainers.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot