RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail vs Maillenium; mail truncated to 80K

2004-04-24 12:06:22
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Rob Funk

Despite what you may think from the wording of the fetchmail
web page, Eric
Raymond is really the only fetchmail maintainer. Anyone else
mentioned is
as a "backup maintainer" in case ESR disappears entirely (IMO
not really a
necessary precaution in open source), which I don't think he
has.

Well, certainly I've not seen him post on the list for some time, or
respond to a direct email (though given that the problem I was reporting
seems to have been fixed, that may have been the response).

Given how few problems there are with fetchmail I don't personally feel
that's a great problem.  However as even most of the backup maintainers
(with the exception of yourself) have dropped off the list it appears
(wrong though it may be) that fetchmail isn't really supported these
days.

<---SNIP--->
BTW Rob, I'm always impressed with the amount of effort you put into
supporting fetchmail on this list.  You deserve a lot of
credit for that.

Thanks.  I do try to help those who're where I once was, even if too
often the answer is one of:

1) RTFM
2) Read the FAQ
3) Search the archive

Mind you, at least that means that nothing new is coming up :)

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?