RE: [fetchmail]Where's my From line gone?

2004-04-27 23:11:57
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Michael Abbott

I've reverted to sending all mail via sendmail (the default
configuration), and I'll see if the nodns/nocanonify FEATUREs work
(another day, when I've got the patience to test it properly,
chase the issues arising, etc).

Actually, I'm rather pessimistic about this, as a quick look in
      http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#nodns
says "as of 8.7 this is a no-op".  Anyway, I'll give it a try
another day.

You could go with FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains'), which may
help.  The DNS timeouts may also be worth tweaking, though I don't know
how to do that via the .mc file.  If you search for "Timeout.resolver"
in sendmail.cf that'll give you a start.

Certainly moving away from sendmail is enticing, but I'm sure it'll be
painful.

Actually, replacing your IMAP/POP server should be fairly painless - it
was for me.  If your system is using the UWash IMAP server migrating to
the mbx format is trivial - use the tools to create ~/INBOX as an mbx
format file (see the mailutil command).

It's odd.  Oh, well.  Seems I'm on the boundary here.

Hey, somebody has to be :)

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?