Re: [fetchmail]Update on: Password not recognized by new ISP

2004-05-07 01:38:35
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:23:03AM +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
I just called. Parameters look fine, pop3 is enabled. It then looks like:

1) I do have discovered some new bug in their server, or
2) it does require some obscure fetchmail setting, which they don't
    know

Use telnet to port 110. This eliminates fetchmail from the equation (a piece
of software they don't know or support), and proves that their POP3 server
is not working with the username/password they have given.

Good points, thanks. Your other suggestion about case sensitivity is a good
candidate. I will try both that and the telnet connection tonight from home, and
report.

Thanks again,
Marco F.