[fetchmail]Solution of:Password not recognized by new ISP

2004-05-08 03:06:00
On Fri, May 07, 2004 09:23:40 AM +0100, Brian Candler
(B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com) wrote:

My guess is the issue will turn out to be something like
case-sensitivity of usernames or passwords.

It turned out to be a twisted variation of this: the POP3 passwords at
this new shop must have a certain format, this is not clearly
shown in the setup page, and above all setup fails but WITHOUT a huge
red warning when you enter a non conforming password, as I did the
first time.
Ah, well... Thanks for the patience. Further fetchmail questions
coming, but in another thread.

Ciao,
        Marco F.
--
Marco Fioretti

They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
                -- The Blues Brothers