Re: [fetchmail]Socket Error on small e-mails

2004-05-28 09:16:30
jfried wrote:

I'm trying to use fetchmail to download my e-mail via pop3 (SSL connection), but I keep running into the same error. I get this socket error for different e-mails at random times. The only thing that I found in common in all the e-mails is their size. They're all spam too. The most recent is 1430 octets
[snip]

2004: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2
Same problem here:
RH 9 2.4.20-6smp, fetchmail release 6.2.5+NLS
delivering to local qmail+spamassassisn+clamav

To me, the problem appears to be that on occassion SA takes a long time to scan a message and then when fetchmail tries to continue the connection has timed out. The problem was much worse (the machines tcp/ip stack seemed to die) until I made the following changes:

1. upgraded my version of ddclient
2. added an MX configuration to ddclient.conf

I'm not sure really how any of this fits together. I'm just happy my network connection keeps working now.

Cheers,

Bill