[fetchmail]Query status=2 (SOCKET) error !

2004-12-22 08:06:16
Hello,

I am trying to poll my from gmail server through
fetchmail.

My .fetchmailrc file is below:

<.fetchmailrc>
poll gmail
        proto pop3
        via pop.gmail.com
        port 995
        user "myuserid(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"
        pass "mypassword"
        is khattak(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)org
        ssl
</.fetchmailrc>

When I try to poll mail using fetchmail -v, I just
can't do so & and getting the following error.

<error>
fetchmail : Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail : normal termination, status2
</error>

I don't know why do I get this error ? Is there any
error in my configuration file or do I need to
install/add something else do this ?

I am directly connected to the internet & using
fetchmail on Redhat Linux 9.

Thank you in advance !

Best Wishes & Regards,

-Meraj Khattak