Re: [fetchmail]Query status=2 (SOCKET) error !

2004-12-23 04:56:03
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

After adding the ports 995 to my iptables, I was able
to fetch mail from gmail.com.

But now how could I transfter my mail to a local mail
user on my systemk,as it fetches the mail and keeps in
/var/spool/khattak ?  I am running postfix & my email
address on that is khattak(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)org

<snip>
poll gmail
        proto pop3
        via pop.gmail.com
        port 995
        user "myuserid(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com"
        pass "mypassword"
        is "khattak(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)org"
        keep
        fetchall
        ssl
        mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d%T"
</snip>

Thank you for the help.

Best Wishes & Regards,

-Meraj Rasool Khattak

--- Jakob Hirsch <jh(_at_)plonk(_dot_)de> wrote:

Meraj Rasool Khattak wrote:

I am trying to poll my from gmail server through
fetchmail.

This does the job here (and should do the same as
yours):

defaults proto pop3
poll pop.gmail.com user xxxxxxx(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com pass
xxxxxxxxxxxx fetchall ssl

fetchmail : Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail : normal termination, status2

This output is near to useless. Run fetchmail with
the -v switch.

=====
http://www.naqoosh.com