Re: [fetchmail]domain mailbox (so called)

2005-02-15 02:10:54
Payal Rathod <payal-fetchmail(_at_)scriptkitchen(_dot_)com> writes:

My friend is retriving mails from a (so called) domain mailbox. This
particular mailbox is a catchall account for the domain. It does not
record envelope recipents address properly, so fetchmail makes a
guess at intended recipents from "to" or "cc" addresses. We have
compiled release 6.2.5+NLS.

Please have the upstream fix the domain-in-a-mailbox setup.
Guessing from To: and Cc: addresses

1. requires the _explicit_ consent of all potential recipients
   (as the postmaster has to look at the mail)

2. is prone to failure as you are seeing, Bcc:, lists, mail to multiple
   recipients in your domain don't work.

The fetchmailrc looks like,

set postmaster "priya"
poll example.com with proto POP3 nodns
user 'catchall' with password 'x' is 'accounts' 'puja' 'hrm' 'priya'
'madhu' ....... here options fetchall

But most of the times I receive mails in postmaster account with
error in headers,
match
any local name

Try listing the domains with the "aka" option in .fetchmailrc.

How do I rectify this problem?
She cannot move away to another (remote) mailserver for now so this
is not an option.

If the remote mailserver can be told to deliver exactly one copy per
recipient, then even peeking at the Received: headers can work (envelope
"Received" in .fetchmailrc).

If the remote mailserver is sendmail then there may be a way, using
procmail, to keep the envelope recipient.
<URL:http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.29>