Re: [fetchmail-devel] Re: [fetchmail]How can i download mails through CatchAll A/c.

2005-04-13 05:40:53
On 4/13/05, Matthias Andree <matthias(_dot_)andree(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:

BTW, I have committed code to the SVN repository
<http://mknod.org/svn/fetchmail/trunk> that prints a warning like this
if multidrop configuration is attempted without envelope option:

fetchmail: warning: multidrop for pop.example.org requires envelope option!
fetchmail: warning: Do not ask for support if all mail goes to postmaster!

To appear in the next release. I'm open for suggestions WRT improved wording.

A further reference to the manual probably wouldn't help - this thread
is pretty good proof that unless you hold people's hands they'll still
fail.

Maybe:

fetchmail: warning: WARNING WARNING WARNING
fetchmail: warning: multidrop for pop.example.org requires the
envelope option to be set
fetchmail: warning: Read "The use and abuse of multidrop mailboxes" in
the man page
fetchmail: warning: Do not ask for help if your mail is not correctly delivered
fetchmail: warning: WARNING WARNING WARNING

Possibly with a few more WARNING's :-)

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor