Re: [fetchmail]mail getting stuck

2005-05-01 14:06:29
Tom Emerson wrote:

long story short, I believe this was "fixed" in a relatively recent release of fetchmail, but I haven't had the time to compile it (seems the source has a few more dependancies than my system can provide, and I'm not in the mood for an easter egg hunt...)

That may explain it. I installed SuSE 9.2 on this computer a few months back, and I haven't seen the problem since then. Presumably it included the fixed version of fetchmail. I don't know exactly when the problem was resolved, as my work around was to have my mail forwarded to another ISP, from which fetchmail then grabbed it. Doing such forwarding cleared the problem. Initially, I had tried forwarding via another account on my ISP, but found that spam appearing on that account started the same problem, but only on mail addressed to the 2nd account. The problem never reappeared, when forwarding via the 2nd ISP. Incidentally, it's curious that the problem only appeared after my ISP switched from their own servers, to Yahoo.