Re: [fetchmail]mail getting stuck

2005-05-30 07:20:23
James Knott <james(_dot_)knott(_at_)rogers(_dot_)com> writes:

Tom Emerson wrote:

long story short, I believe this was "fixed" in a relatively recent
release of fetchmail, but I haven't had the time to compile it (seems
the source has a few more dependancies than my system can provide, and
I'm not in the mood for an easter egg hunt...)

That may explain it.  I installed SuSE 9.2 on this computer a few months
back, and I haven't seen the problem since then.

Indeed SuSE 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3 shipped with fetchmail 6.2.5, and they have
a hotfix for it that prevents mail loss that stems from a bogus blank in
the SMTP/LMTP dialogues.