Re: [fetchmail]Re: Connection timeouts and restarting...

2005-06-20 09:40:52
On 20/06/05, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Am 2005-06-19 23:51:21, schrieb
porkchop(_at_)optimist(_dot_)hostomega(_dot_)com:
I'm attempting to a 1-time download the entire contents of a imap
database for archival. I don't want to delete the messages being
downloaded. For this, I have the following .fetchmailrc:

poll mail1.mailserver.com proto imap user "usename" password "
foobar" is "backupemailaddy" here keep fetchall
                                         ^^^^^^^^
        Do not use it and add "expunge 25" to the options.

You did read the "I don't want to delete..." part?  Putting in
"expunge 25" will expunge any deleted messages after 25 messages.  I
don't think that'll buy the OP what they're after...

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor