[fetchmail]Re: Re: Connection timeouts and restarting...

2005-06-20 09:55:22
Am 2005-06-20 17:40:46, schrieb Rob MacGregor:
On 20/06/05, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle(_at_)freenet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Am 2005-06-19 23:51:21, schrieb
porkchop(_at_)optimist(_dot_)hostomega(_dot_)com:

poll mail1.mailserver.com proto imap user "usename" password "
foobar" is "backupemailaddy" here keep fetchall
                                         ^^^^^^^^
        Do not use it and add "expunge 25" to the options.

You did read the "I don't want to delete..." part?  Putting in
"expunge 25" will expunge any deleted messages after 25 messages.  I
don't think that'll buy the OP what they're after...

Not realy right, becaus "keep" is set and "expunge 25"
write the status to the message all 25 Messages fetched.

keep + expunge has never deleted a message.

if you have only "keep", then the status of already downloaded
messages is not written, which mean, if you connection is droped,
you will reload all messages again...

With "expunge 25" fetchmail send a message to the IMAP server to
write the status of downloaded messages to its database and now,
if you have 500 Messages downloaded and the connection was droped,
you will download maximum the last 25 messages.

I have a realy good connection to my IMAP server and I set
"expunge 1" which is a killer, but my server and my 8 MBit ADSL
have enough power.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi