[fetchmail]Connection timeouts and restarting...

2005-06-19 20:51:30
I'm attempting to a 1-time download the entire contents of a imap database for
archival. I don't want to delete the messages being downloaded. For this, I
have the following .fetchmailrc:

poll mail1.mailserver.com proto imap user "usename" password "
foobar" is "backupemailaddy" here keep fetchall

I then manually kick off fetchmail with something like:
fetchmail -v -r INBOX

roblem is, the mailserver dosn't appear to be all that good. Between 300 and
500 messages into the fetch, the connection hangs.

So now how do I continue? If I start it up again, I start from message 1. I'll
never see messages 500 thru 13,000. I can't use uidl with IMAP, and I can't use
POP3 and retrieve more than just INBOX.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-porkchop