[fetchmail]Re: socket error

2005-07-12 08:21:09
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 06:26 -0400, fetchmail-friends-
request(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org wrote:
Although the probability that it is actually a fetchmail issue is
very
low, I'm having a heck of a time getting to the real problem.

I'd put money on it being an issue with your script.  I'd have to ask
why you're using it - what are you expecting it to give you that the
SMTP error codes wouldn't?
=20
Thanks.

I'll prepended "cat |" to my sendmail line and it didn't change things
Although, this socket error doesn't happen for every message.

Only certain ones.

As for the reason why I use the script....when a message returns an
error 65, it won't flush the message.  When I get error 65's I just want
to dump the message.  This forces that behavior.

I'm happy to try an alternative message (antispam 65 doesn't seem to
work).

But the end result here is that I still get socket error's.  As you can
see from the script, it is returning an error from sendmail...so for
some undetermined reason, it continues to have a socket error.

If I fetchmail again, it will do it again on the same message until I go
and do a retr on the message using telnet.

Mike B.

--
mbox mbarsalou <barjunk(_at_)attglobal(_dot_)net>