Re: [fetchmail]antispam codes, From filtering

2005-07-19 07:59:21
On 19/07/05, Scott Ingram <scott(_at_)ingram(_dot_)bz> wrote:

Well, I haven't.  I also didn't build it, I'm using a Debian binary. Is
it possible that antispam actions were hardcoded in the build?  Otherwise,
I would have expected the default behavior I desire.

You're falling foul of the use of a permanent error code.

I do need a permanent (or at least persistent) failure from this particular
sender, as the content is actually dealt with by a process on the IMAP
server.  Suggestions for something other than 5xx code?

You're stuffed - either it's a permanent error, in which case
fetchmail deletes it, or it's a temporary error, in which case
fetchmail will retry each poll (until the message goes away).

The only correct solution is to not have those emails arrive in that
inbox (something trivial to do with Sieve on CYRUS IMAP).  Until you
do that, fetchmail will do what it's designed to do - fetch mail and
delete anything that it can never deliver.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor