Re: [fetchmail]antispam codes, From filtering

2005-07-19 13:13:26
And what prevents the IMAP server process from sieving the
message into a separate folder that fetchmail isn't polling?

The IT department.  Very Windows centric, without much understanding
of the alternatives.  To give a little more detail, the content
is actually voicemail, delivered as .wav files, which are a little
problematic to view in elm.

It sounds as if the IMAP server is probably M$ Exchange.  If so,
perhaps you can set up a server-side rule to move voicemail into
a folder, instead of having it land in the inbox for fetchmail to
trip over.  You "should" be able to establish such a rule for your
own account without needing admin access -- although you may have
to find a Windoze box and fire up Outlook :(

Hmm.  That sort of works...but its the same as having fetchmail deliver
the sound file to me:  the voicemail system marks it as "listened to,"
and turns off the indicator lamp on the phone, and the voicemail is no
longer available at the phone.

As it happens, the Debian builder (Henrique de Moraes Holschuh) suggests
setting "antispam -1" in certain circumstances and that appears to give
the desired result:  the voicemail file is left on the IMAP server, and
the voicemail system doesn't see it as "listened to."

However, it also has the undesired effect of generating a mail message
from the fetchmail daemon, that I only noticed when examining the log
file as the "postmaster" address syntax I set up was undeliverable.

Its really bending the intent of fetchmail, but its a workable solution
for me.

--
Scott Ingram
Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732-9414