Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and postfix

2005-08-28 14:50:27
Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
Thanks for the info, unfortunately the object was to reduce the amount
of processing required for each email.

It would seem that this would make the process more convoluted and add
to the processing required.

Add to what processing? You're starting with spamassassin processing
everything that fetchmail grabs.  We're suggesting ways of reducing that.

The simplest thing to try would be to take 127.0.0.1 off the mynetworks
list, though that might break other things.  In order to avoid brekaing
those other things you can set up a separate smtp listener in master.cf,
listening on a separate port, with localhost exceptions removed:

# add to master.cf
2525      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd -o mynetworks=

Then tell fetchmail to forward to localhost port 2525.
This way normal non-fetchmail stuff still works fine, but mail pulled
by fetchmail still goes through filtering such as the rhsbl stuff I mentioned
before.