Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and postfix

2005-08-28 15:04:36

Hmmm, that sure sounds like it would work, I guess my ignorance of all of
this isn't helping much.

I'll have to give your idea a try.  Thanks.

Pete

On Sun, August 28, 2005 17:49, Rob Funk wrote:

Pete Geenhuizen wrote:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the object was to reduce the
amount

of processing required for each email.

It would seem that this would make the process more convoluted
and add

to the processing required.

Add to what processing? You're starting with spamassassin
processing

everything that fetchmail grabs.  We're suggesting ways of reducing
that.

The simplest thing to try would be to take 127.0.0.1 off the
mynetworks

list, though that might break other things.  In order to avoid
brekaing

those other things you can set up a separate smtp listener in
master.cf,

listening on a separate port, with localhost exceptions removed:

# add to master.cf

2525      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd -o

mynetworks=

Then tell fetchmail to forward to localhost port 2525.

This way normal non-fetchmail stuff still works fine, but mail
pulled

by fetchmail still goes through filtering such as the rhsbl stuff I

mentioned

before.

--

==============================|   "A microscope locked in on one
point

 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> |Never sees what kind of room
that it's in"

 http://www.funknet.net/rfunk |    -- Chris Mars, "Stuck in
Rewind"