Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail and postfix

2005-08-28 15:29:26
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Pete Geenhuizen wrote:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the object was to reduce the amount of
processing required for each email.

Well, if Postfix can handle (i. e. reject) something before SpamAssassin
is looking at it, a lot of processing is saved, particularly with Bayes
filtering on in SpamAssassin.

Besides that, my first action after installing SpamAssassin is disabling
its Bayes module, bogofilter or SpamProbe are WAY faster at that.

It would seem that this would make the process more convoluted and add to
the processing required.

The cost of the operation matters. A postfix address blacklist table is
dirt cheap -- for the processing of a single message with SpamAssassin
you can probably match a thousand messages against a hashed access table
in postfix.  (hashed means: postmap hash:/etc/postfix/$WHATEVER)

My ideas were just quick thoughts, not a ready solution - there are
several ways to address your problem.