[fetchmail]RE: fetchmail not retrieving all messages . . .

2005-10-09 07:39:40
Rob:

Thanks for the input.

Following up on your response to my query:

The problem recurred this morning with the arrival (or should I say,
non-arrival) of the second fetchmail-friends digest.

The message sat in the queue undelivered for three hours (other messages
had been popped) until I happened to check the mail queue and forward
the message to myself.

I'm including my .fetchmailrc file and the fetchmail -v -v output below.

The "seen" message referred to in the -v -v output is the
fetchmail-friends message that I had opened and re-mailed to myself.

I wll rerun fetchmail with -v -v again without opening the message when
another message is undelivered for a considerable amount of time.

By the way, I too am running fetchmail 6.2.5.2 from the FreeBSD 5.4
ports collection.

FETCHMAILRC
# Configuration created Fri Jan 29 10:25:07 1999 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "jacksonwest"
set daemon 60
# sslproto tls
poll mail.panix.com with proto POP3
       user jacksonwest password xxxxxx warnings 1800

FETCHMAIL -V -V OUTPUT
fetchmail: 6.2.5.2 querying mail.panix.com (protocol POP3) at Sun Oct  9
10:15:23 2005: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Hello there.
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Here's what I can do:
fetchmail: POP3< STLS
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< LOGIN-DELAY 10
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< IMPLEMENTATION Courier Mail Server
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> STLS
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Begin SSL/TLS negotiation now.
fetchmail: Warning: server certificate verification: unable to get local
issuer certificate
fetchmail: Warning: server certificate verification: certificate not
trusted
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting (Pty) Ltd.
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte SSL Domain CA
fetchmail: Server CommonName: mail.panix.com
fetchmail: mail.panix.com key fingerprint:
5F:2B:9C:65:23:00:EE:B4:33:F1:2F:9F:34:98:13:CC
fetchmail: Warning: server certificate verification: certificate not
trusted
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Here's what I can do:
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< LOGIN-DELAY 10
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< IMPLEMENTATION Courier Mail Server
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> USER jacksonwest
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Password required.
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK logged in.
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 4828
fetchmail: POP3> LAST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1
1 message (1 seen) for jacksonwest at mail.panix.com (4828 octets).
skipping message jacksonwest(_at_)mailspool(_dot_)panix(_dot_)com:1 not flushed
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Bye-bye.
fetchmail: 6.2.5.2 querying mail.panix.com (protocol POP3) at Sun Oct  9
10:15:27 2005: poll completed
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: fetchmail not retrieving all messages . . . (Rob MacGregor)

Message: 1