[fetchmail]Re: SSL authentication problems with Gmail

2006-01-02 16:24:22
Matthias Andree <matthias(_dot_)andree(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:

Sebastian Tennant <sebyte(_at_)smolny(_dot_)plus(_dot_)com> writes:

  So it's either a bug in my version of fetchmail (upgrding is the
  next thing I'm going to try) or I'm doing something wrong when I
  generate the google hash.  (The Thawte cert. is part of ca-certificates)

Let us know if 6.3.1 is still giving you problems, older versions didn't
set the default certificate path properly.

I'm fairly new to compiling things so bear with me...

I unpacked the 6.3.1 tarball in my workspace directory, downloaded
the openssl source from the Debian apt repositories (testing) and
copied it across to my workspace too.  Then I ran:

  $ cd fetchmail-6.3.1
  $ ./configure --with-ssl=/home/sebyte/workspace/openssl-0.9.8a
  [...]
  configure: error: cannot link with SSL - check config.log

I read the INSTALL file for building with ssl and the directory I
specified on the comand line definitely includes the include/
directory...

I hope I've attached the relevant section from the config.log.

Then, please unsubscribe from this list (see the footer of this message
for instructions) and resubscribe at
<https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/fetchmail-users> - this list
at ccil.org is going to be discontinued soon.

I'll unsubscribe as soon as fetchmail's working and then there won't
be any need to resubscribe ;-)

sdt