Re: [fetchmail]Re: SSL authentication problems with Gmail

2006-01-02 17:03:16
[Cc:ing fetchmail-users(_at_)lists(_dot_)berlios(_dot_)de, JFTR]

Sebastian Tennant <sebyte(_at_)smolny(_dot_)plus(_dot_)com> writes:

I unpacked the 6.3.1 tarball in my workspace directory, downloaded
the openssl source from the Debian apt repositories (testing) and
copied it across to my workspace too.  Then I ran:

  $ cd fetchmail-6.3.1
  $ ./configure --with-ssl=/home/sebyte/workspace/openssl-0.9.8a
  [...]
  configure: error: cannot link with SSL - check config.log

I read the INSTALL file for building with ssl and the directory I
specified on the comand line definitely includes the include/
directory...

Actually, the system SSL should have been fine after installation of the
-dev package. I know not a single system with OpenSSL in the base system
where --with-ssl=/usr hasn't worked for me.

I hope I've attached the relevant section from the config.log.

Yup.

configure:12595: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c
-L/home/sebyte/workspace/openssl-0.9.8a/lib -lcrypt  -lresolv -lssl -lcrypto
&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl

Try running "ldconfig -n /home/sebyte/workspace/openssl-0.9.8a/lib" and
re-run ./configure.