Let make this public and go implement (was: 183,000 BYTES)

1991-05-26 10:53:37

The natural place to put these long documents is the internet-drafts
directories.  I proposed that the next version be posted as an ID.
This step has the added advantage of signaling to the wider community
that this is a serious proposal, and closer scrutiny is appropriate.

It is not yet clear, but I think there may be consensus forming
around the RFC XXXX approach to message format.  I encourage people to
implement all of part of this document to determine if it is in fact
implementable.  Specifically, suggestions for radical change in the
document will be more useful if they are backed up with some real
experience.

Greg Vaudreuil
Internet Mail Extensions Working Group chair.