Re: I vote NO to Richmail

1991-06-10 15:32:01
I guess I had been thinking of richmail's lack of syntactic conformance
to anything else as a virtue rather than a problem, because it avoids
religious wars such as ODA vs. SGML vs. RTF vs. whatever.  That is, if a
rich mail format is syntactically compatible with one of the above,
doesn't promoting its use imply a preference for the one it conforms
with?  One of my goals with richmail was to make "richer"  text
available *without* having to get involved in those wars...