Re: charset philosophy

1991-07-11 06:34:12
Content-type text/us-ebcdic

sounds like the right thing to me, too.  However, this does raise an odd
possibility, which is that when there are some old gateways and some new
ones, it is conceivable that a message with the above content-type
header will go through an "old"gateway.  That gateway will convert from
EBCDIC to ASCII, but won't change the above header.  What we'll end up
with in the Internet is a message that is really of type text/us-ascii,
but is labelled as being text/us-ebcdic.  I'm not sure what solution, if
any, will avoid this...