Charset compromise (Was Re: Character-set) header

1991-09-04 06:47:36
A while back, someone (John?) proposed a compromise in which the
character set could always be indicated by the inclusion of some
optional but standard syntax in any content-type header.  This is not
ideal from anyone's perspective, but I find it more appealing that a
separate content-charset header, at the very least, and I would think
that the advocates of that header would find it more appealing than the
existing draft of RFC-XXXX.  Is this a compromise that everyone can live
with, or is it a show stopper for someone?

----- End Included Message -----