Re: 8-bit SMTP and 8-bit 822... Questions and Answers

1991-09-25 04:26:53
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 24-Sep-91 re: 8-bit SMTP and 8-bit 82..
Mark Crispin(_at_)cac(_dot_)washing (1745)

This is the typical sort of moronic comments that have come out of Prime
in the past several months.  I hope that everyone sees these, and
remembers them the next time a Prime salesman comes around -- or when
one of these guys comes to you looking for a job.

Gee, Mark, don't be shy.  Tell us how you *really* feel.  :-)

For myself, I find the Prime position so alarming that I'm tempted to
lobby everyone to explicitly modify their MTA's to reject 8-bit data
even if they can already handle it, just to promote interoperability and
compliance.