Re: comments on October draft

1991-10-24 14:28:27
2. Someone had better decide how text-plus/postscript differs from
image/postscript.

Not that I'm deciding but, since the RFC says that text-plus is "to some
extent readable even without the software that interprets", my guess is
that text-plus means:

        it's ok to throw this up on the screen if you can't interpret it
        (and good luck reading it :-))

and image means:

        display this *only* with the appropriate hardware and interpreter.

So with a bit-mapped display and PostScript interpreter, there's very little
difference, both get interpreted and displayed.  On a character display, the
UA could offer to save an image and (offer to) display the text-plus as is.

Jim