Re: Troff preprocessors and macro files (was Re: comments on October draft)

1991-10-25 10:36:21
Note that you will want to sanction some definition of the macro files.
How do I know that my -ms is the same as your -ms?

How do I know that my troff is the same as your troff?  Short of ANSI
standards and test suites run weekly, there is never any way to be
*certain* that both sites are running software that will give the same
output for the same input.  However, "troff -ms" is de-facto standardized
enough that it is usually possible to exchange documents.  That is about
the best we can hope for in a multi-vendor environment.

                                         Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology

henry(_at_)zoo(_dot_)toronto(_dot_)edu   utzoo!henry