Re: more content-charset

1991-10-30 04:45:46
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 29-Oct-91 more content-charset Harald
T. Alvestrand(_at_)del (191)

The X.400 standardization committee thought that the Content-Language
header (or equivalent) was an *excellent* idea......

This was suggested before, and I guess it got lost in the shuffle.
Would this be a human informaton-only header, like Content-Description,
or would we need to specify the possible values, etc.?  Who would
provide the header, e.g. if composed with a multilingual UA?  What about
text that mixed words from dozens of languages?  What would the header
say then?