two questions, one serious

1992-03-20 06:24:06
Hi --

If you can make a suggestion for aln algorhithm for transformation that
will
continue to work in caall cases, I would be happy to
hear from you , but really, I think  that the
proble m is too hard, and we need just to i
encapsulate the external/body references.

Imanggine trying to automatically follow MIME-FTp by
UUCP link from the Soviet Union....

Sorry for the strange tcharacters, the comms from IETRF aren't all
that good...

What would this look like if MIME were to accurately transport all the
odd-ball characters?  (Idle question-of-the-day ;-)

Serious question:
Like it or not, there is an existing population of "8-bit sendmail"
sites out there.  Has anyone with more experience than I (>epsilon) given
thought to the question of how we migrate that population to MIME and
RFC-ZZZZ?  Harald Alvestrand's "stupid semantics question" makes me
wonder if there might be a gateway solution that would induce such
populations back into the fold.

Thanks,
        -andy kegel(_at_)zk3(_dot_)dec(_dot_)com
        <usual disclaimer about corporate support>