Re: MIME types for ack[-request]?

1992-03-26 16:25:15
Dave,

I don't want to discourage discussion on the more general topic of the
interactions between UAs and MTAs in the Internet.  I think it is high time
we firmed up the model.

I'm not sure that the 822ext list is the place to do it, since I suspect
that the audience for the "model" discussion might be more limited.  But,
hey, if enough people want to talk about it...

Mainly my previous message was to suggest that we separate the discussion of
delivery acks (and move it elsewhere) from the discussion of UA-level
acks, in order to let the 822ext group work on UA-level acks.

If the distinction between the two isn't clear enough, then we really *do*
need to talk about the model here.

Keith