Re: 10646 etc.

1993-03-01 09:49:35
I noted that your message displayed a style which is far too common on the
Internet, but which remains intolerable.

Dave, it's unfair.

I made suggestion on how "charset" should be or more speciically:

        how ISO 10646 should be registerd with MIME

Erik and other Unicoders responded with opinions like:

        Unicode is good because ISO has approved it

        Unicode is good because microsoft has approved it

        Unicode is good because it is convenient in USA

        Unicode is good unless it unifies Latin/Greek/Cyrillic

        Unicode is good but it should unify L/G/C

        Unicode is multilingual

        Unicode is not multilingual

        C/J/K Unification is good because a Danish can live with it

        C/J/K Unification is good because language information could be
        transmitted somehow but the information should not be specified
        in "charset"

all of which are meaningless, are lies, contain self contradictions or
both of them.

To make the matter worse, none of them are related to

        how ISO 10646 should be registerd with MIME

So far, I have seen no reason why we shouldn't use the specifications
like:

        charset=iso-10646-sanskrit-japanese

Moreover, I have shown that the specification:

        charset=iso-10646

results in INCORRECT rendering, to which I have seen no refutations,
either.

Have you seen some?

As I recognize that Unicoders advertisement has little to do with
MIME, I tries to refute minimaly so that it has something to do with
MIME, and, still, you say, against the charter of ext822, we shouldn't
discuss on character codes.

So, now, I just call a liar a liar.

Or, do you want a thorough discussion on why Eric is a liar?

Which do you like better?

EMail simply does not provide any of us with an excuse to cease attending
to basic rules of civility.

To me, the very basic rule of civility is, not to lie.

                                                Masataka Ohta