Re: software that drops MIME headers

1993-03-05 09:43:30
Separate from whether using nesting of mime messages is appropriate for
bypassing gateways that strip headers, we should make sure that the
Mime spec explicitly indicates that  message/rfc822 allows "enhanced"
message encoding.  Something along the lines of stating "the
message is in RFC822 format and may contain any optional, standardized
enhancements" or somesuch.  I wouldn't think that this is anything but
a clarification of the wg intent and wouldn't seem to add technical
matter to the spec, so it shouldn't affect Draft attainment.

d/