Re: MacMIME - Proposed standard of how to send Macintosh files with MIME

1993-03-16 07:23:30
 Dave Crocker writes:

I have suggested that we define something like "multipart/header-set" which
means that the multipart is an integrated set, with the semantics special
to it defined in the first (header) part.  So far, the suggestion has
gotten no positive feedback.

Sorry, but I have not seen this proposal before. You have my positive
feedback now.

One might want a parameter saying how many "parts" the message consists of.

Still, I think (as I do today with the experimental multipart/applefile)
that one  might want to give all of the parts as input to one program,
i.e. save all of the parts in different temporary files, and then
give the filenames to a program which knows what to do with it.

Then we need a parameter telling what kind of message it is. If
we don't say it in the subtype, don't we need a parameter for that too?

        paf